RootRepeal is a new rootkit detector currently in public beta. It is designed with the following goals in mind:
- Easy to use - a user with little to no computer experience should be able to use it.
- Powerful - it should be able to detect all publicly available rootkits.
- Stable - it should work on as many different system configurations as possible, and, in the event of an incompatibility, not crash the host computer.
- Safe - it will not use any rootkit-like techniques (hooking, etc.) to protect itself.
Current Core Features:
- Driver Scan - scans the system for kernel-mode drivers. Displays all drivers currently loaded, and shows if a driver has been hidden, and whether the driver's file is visible on-disk.
- Files Scan - scans any fixed drive on the system for hidden, locked or falsified* files.
- Processes Scan - scans the system for processes. Displays all processes currently running, and shows if a processes is hidden or locked.
- SSDT Scan - shows whether any of the functions in the System Service Descriptor Table (SSDT) are hooked.
- Stealth Objects Scan - attempts to determine if any rootkits are active by looking for typical symptoms.
- Hidden Services Scan - scans for hidden system services.
- Shadow SSDT Scan - counterpart to the SSDT Scan, but deals mostly with graphics and window-related functions.
RootRepeal - Rootkit Detector is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from anti rootkit software without restrictions. RootRepeal - Rootkit Detector 1.3.5 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
- RootRepeal - Rootkit Detector Download
- Freeware Anti Rootkit Software
- Major release: RootRepeal - Rootkit Detector 1.3
- Free Software Download
Compatibility with this software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version may be available from RootRepeal Team.